Thursday, December 11, 2014

Kindergarten's Leopards





Have you seen Miroco Machicko's paintings (above left)? I love them for their childlike quality and energy.  She does amazing things with patterns and color, and I find myself frequently turning to her art for inspiration.  I also like what Kelly Tracht did with her bright fauvist leopard spots. I showed both of these as inspiration for my kinders while reading them a short fable about a leopard.  Let me tell you- this was a difficult drawing lesson and I will not do it again for this age group, poor guys. I think it's the four legs plus tail that make it really complicated.  They had fun at least, especially when they were stamping their spots with their Q-tips, but I think it would have been more successful for an older age group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment