Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Kindergarten's Interpretation of Monet's Water Lily Pond



 These were done with my enrichment students after school. I love how they turned out and wish I had more to show, but it's a suuuuuuuper small class. I first showed them references of Monet and Renoir and we discussed their style of painting: how they dabbed their brushes to show all the different colors of light dancing on the surface, the many different greens and yellows Monet used instead of just one, and I also showed them a picture of the actual pond that inspired his painting. Then students taped a bridge in the middle of their paper with masking tape and painted below, above, and between the bridge with pre-mixed tempera. I told them to think of pond and lily colors for everything below the bridge and tree colors for everything between and above the bridge. Once it was dry, students peeled off the tape and colored it in with colored pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment